Video Surveillance / Photo Surveillance
What is video surveillance and photography surveillance?
Video surveillance and photography surveillance are two types of monitoring that use images in order to keep you safe or in order to gather evidence. Video surveillance makes use of video cameras or camcorders to catch moving images and even sounds, while photography surveillance makes use of still images. Both types of surveillance are important in investigations and both can prove useful in helping you to see what is happening in areas you have no access to.
What types of video surveillance and photography surveillance are available?
There are many types of surveillance to suit your needs, including:
- Home security video surveillance. This type of video or photography surveillance can help monitor your home while you are away. You can rely on security surveillance or get special nanny cams to ensure that those you entrust in your home are reliable.
- Property video or photography surveillance. Business video or photography surveillance, boat surveillance, and land surveillance can help ensure that your investments stay safe. This type of surveillance can also help you gather evidence of fraud, employee dishonesty, and other problems that can affect your assets and business.
- Targeted video or photography surveillance. In this type of surveillance, an investigator will have a camera or other imaging equipment in order to record a specific person or event. This type of video or photography surveillance is often used in cheating spouse investigations, employee investigations, criminal investigations, and in mystery shopping. In order for this type of video or photography surveillance to be legal, it must be performed by an investigator who is aware of current privacy laws.
What kind of video surveillance or photography surveillance should I choose?
There are many kinds of video or photography surveillance equipment you can select:
- The closed circuit TV (CCTV) cameras are most popular because of their reliability and low price. These cameras do not broadcast images, but they record them, so that you can always check to see what occurred while you were away. These surveillance cameras are used at many public spaces and in many homes for security.
- Digital videos and cameras are becoming more popular, since they can often capture better images and even sounds. They can be used to monitor events remotely and images can be saved onto a computer and even enhanced.
- Cameras and on-person equipment includes still cameras and concealed audio-video equipment. This type of equipment is often used for targeted surveillance and for criminal investigations where there is a clear suspect. These cameras can be very flexible but must be operated by a qualified private investigator, usually, to be admissible in court.
- Board cameras are tiny devices that can be concealed and they often have an external power source. The image from these cameras is often transmitted to a computer or other imaging device so that it can be viewed remotely.
Looking for a Video / Photography Surveillance Investigator?
Whether you choose one of these options or another type of video or photography surveillance depends on your needs and your budget. Often, it is advisable to speak to a private investigator who can help you with your video or photography surveillance and can help ensure that any images you record are legal. You can easily find local, qualified investigators experienced in video or photography surveillance through the PInow.com directory.
Use the search utility on the top of this page or select from a state on the left to find a Video or Photography Surveillance Investigator. Still can't find what your are looking for? Call us at (888) 997-4669.