5 Ways to Boost Your Private Investigator Website Ranking
- November 07, 2011
- by PInow Staff
When it comes to a website, every word counts, sometimes for and sometimes against your ranking, and everything from your page title to visual layout and design affects your website’s ranking. As a private investigator, creating a website may not be your forte, but it is important to know why your website should be ranked and how you can achieve better search engine results.
Website ranking refers to where a website shows up in the search engine results pages under specific keyword searches. To ensure potential clients find you, and that you are not losing income and clients, you need to show up near the top of search engine results. While search engines like Google and Yahoo! aren’t giving away secrets to achieving high rankings, we have five tips to get you started.
- Make sure your website is search engine-optimized. A search engine-optimized website is designed to the standards search engines use when determining ranking. This means a crisp layout, relevant content, proper meta tags and descriptions, and that every word is written to increase ranking. It can be an overwhelming and confusing process, but an expertly designed website can be expensive. Lawgical Sites offers professionally designed websites with a variety of templates to choose from, all built with search engine optimization and affordability in mind. To learn more, read our article on private investigator websites.
- Boost your local search results. When people are searching for a private investigator, they generally search for investigators in a specific area. Search engines have become extremely selective in what websites come up in local search, and in what order. The ultimate goal is to provide the most relevant results to the searcher. Because most of your potential clients are location-specific, it’s absolutely crucial to claim and set up your local search listings, a process that involves providing your business information to hundreds of local search engines, social media outlets, GPS providers, and directories. If you’re unsure about how to get the best local search results, contact PInow and ask about our Lawgical Local services that can drastically improve your local search ranking.
- Build links. When one website links to another website, search engines view it as a vote of confidence. With more votes a page gains importance and ranking. There are other determining factors, but if a high-ranking site known as an industry authority links to your site, it can increase your ranking potential. A good example of this is the link to your website from your PInow profile, which can positively affect your rankings. It’s also important to link your social media, so be sure that your Twitter, Facebook, and private investigator blog link back to your website.
- Write original and relevant content. One of the major ways a search engine determines ranking is through relevant, well-written content. In order for people to link to your website, there must be something that sticks with them and inspires them to share it with others on their own websites. Great content is fact-based, aimed at your website’s end user and brings repeat visitors.
- Get your company and name on other sites. Whether it’s starting your private investigator blog, interviewing with a local newspaper, or working as a guest writer for well-established companies, sharing your opinions and experience can help get your name and website link onto other sites. This can build links, and even if the site doesn’t directly link to you, it can result in more people searching for you. If you are interested in being a guest writer for PInow, send an email to [email protected].
Your website is an important tool for your clients to find you on the web, and taking the time to try these tips could yield positive results. There is a lot that goes into search engine optimization and creating a successful website, but with the right tools and strategy you can increase your website’s ranking and your investigation firm’s potential.
Looking to grow your investigation firm? Get in front of potential customers by joining PInow’s trusted network of local, pre-screened private investigators.