Investigator LinkedIn Tip: How to Add a Video to Your Profile
- October 25, 2011
- by PInow Staff
Private investigators can liven up their LinkedIn profiles by adding a video that showcases their investigation firm. A video gives prospective clients a more visually stimulating description of your services than they would get from a typical text-heavy profile. To add this element to your LinkedIn profile, just follow the simple steps below.
1. Create a video for your investigation firm that highlights your services and company culture, and that lends personality to your company. You can even include a testimonial in the video, as well as a call to action at the end encouraging people to contact you. The video doesn't have to be long, and it is actually better if it is three minutes or less.
2. Upload the video to YouTube. After the video is on YouTube, you will get a link (URL) to the video that you will use in the following steps.
3. Log in to your company profile on LinkedIn (or create a company page if you haven't already). Once logged in, head to the "Products & Services" tab.
4. You will see a box labeled "Add a product or service." Click on this box.
5. Scroll down the page until you see "Step 10. Add a YouTube video about this product or service." Add a title for your video here, which you can optimize for search engines by including keywords such as "Los Angeles private investigator."
6. Below that area is "Step 11. Add your YouTube video URL." This is where you will paste the URL from the YouTube video you created earlier. You also have the opportunity to optimize the description of the video by using keywords.
So there you have it! In just a few easy steps, you can give your LinkedIn profile an extra boost that may catch the eyes of potential clients.
Looking to grow your investigation firm? Get in front of potential customers by joining PInow’s trusted network of local, pre-screened private investigators.
Join PInow Today