Infidelity / Cheating Spouse Investigation
Is Your Husband or Wife Cheating?
Even thinking that your spouse may be cheating is a difficult and painful thought. Unfortunately, if you have a suspicion that your spouse is unfaithful, you may be right--according to statistics, wives who suspect their husbands of cheating are correct 85% of the time, while husbands who suspect their wives of cheating are correct 50% of the time. Therapist Peggy Vaughan's research has suggested that approximately 60 percent of men and 40 percent of women will cheat at least once in their marriage. Despite the prevalence of cheating; 70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men do not know about their spouse's infidelity.
These statistics do not even include nontraditional forms of infidelity, although these forms exist. It is estimated that 40 million Americans have virtual encounters of a sexual nature on the internet, of which many may seek out so-called "emotional affairs".
What are the Common Signs of a Cheating Spouse ?
In a cheating spouse infographic released by PINow in February 2012, infidelity investigators noted 6 of the most common signs of cheating:
- Changes in intimacy: A distinct increase or decrease in intimacy and affection levels or sexual preferences may hint indicate infidelity.
- Suspicious phone habits: A spouse that hides his or her phone or is secretive about their call logs and text messages may be cheating.
- Changes in appearance: A marked change in style of dress, intimate wear, and/or personal hygiene can be a clue.
- Suspicious internet use: Much like phone habits, a cheating spouse may be overly secretive when it comes to their browser history and general internet and computer habits.
- Changes in work routine: It may seem like a cliche but a husband or wife that suddenly needs to “work late” or “go to a conference” frequently is a sign of infidelity.
- Changes in bathing habits: A spouse that showers right when they get home, switches cologne or perfume or changes their grooming habits can be a sign of cheating.
What Does An Infidelity Investigation Entail?
Investigations will vary based upon your needs and the private investigator conducting the investigation. However, many times an investigation to catch a catching spouse may include:
- Surveillance - A private investigator can watch your spouse through advanced surveillance methods to make sure that you have the evidence you need. Rather than relying on hearsay or your own suspicions, an investigator can help you know.
- Evidence gathering - Seeing a cheating spouse caught on tape is not pleasant, but if an investigator uncovers proof of infidelity, such evidence can help you land a better divorce settlement or can give you the tool you need to confront your mate. If a private investigator finds solid proof that your spouse is faithful, the peace of mind can help ensure that your relationship survives any suspicion.
- Professional techniques - When you hire a professional investigator, the investigator will use professional investigative techniques to find out whether your spouse is unfaithful or not. They will have access to technology and equipment that the average person would not.
What Should I Expect from an Infidelity Investigation?
Investigations into cheating spouses can range from hours to several months. Regardless of length of time, when you go to see a private investigator about a cheating spouse, you will be treated with discretion and respect. The investigator will listen to your suspicions, take them seriously, and will ask you how you want the investigation to be shaped. You will remain in control of how the investigation proceeds and your professional investigator will investigate your spouse--on your terms--until you are completely satisfied. You will be able to get regular updates about the status of the investigation and only you will get to decide what to do with the information that is gathered.
Some people seek help as soon as they feel some suspicion that their spouse is cheating. Knowing for certain is important to them before they confront their partner. Others know their spouse in unfaithful but want solid evidence. If worries about your spouse are affecting your relationship or causing you stress, speaking with a private investigator can help.
For private investigation to work, you need to be willing to commit to an investigation. This means that you must be willing to speak openly with the investigator about your situation and you must be willing to find out the truth. As long as you are willing to do these things, you can take control of your situation.
Where Can I Find an Infidelity Investigator?
If you suspect that a spouse is cheating, a single call to a private investigator can uncover the truth. To find an infidelity investigator, you can search PInow's directory of private investigators to find a qualified professional today.
Use the search utility at the top of this page or select a state from the list below to find an infidelity investigator.
Still can't find what your are looking for? Call PINow at (888) 997-4663.
What is the PInow Investigator Directory?
At PInow.com our goal is to help you find local private investigation professionals with no hassle.
If you are unable to find the help you need on our site, contact us at (888) 997-4669 and we will find a company for you, at no cost.
Are you looking for an International Private Investigator?