If you own or manage a business, a mystery shopper can save your profits and your business by giving you a realistic view from a customer's perspective.
A mystery shopper is hired to investigate customer service and employee honesty at a business. A secret shopper poses as a customer or client, and tries to find out whether employees at a specific business are honest and helpful. If you own or manage a business, a mystery shopper can save your profits and your business by giving you a realistic view from a customer's perspective.
What exactly does a mystery shopper do?
The mystery shopper will attempt to purchase something, will ask questions, will ask customer service for support, and will closely observe the overall experience they receive. Once they leave the store, they will note the quality of their purchase, the quality of their customer service experience, and any evidence of fraud they have seen. Based on this information, a business will know whether they have reliable employees and good customer service or not.
Do you need a mystery shopper?
If you own or manage a business, the quality of service and products that you offer your customers can make you a fortune or can lead you to bankruptcy. Unfortunately, the boss rarely knows which way he or she is headed. Employees are generally on their best behavior when their employer is present. The only way for you to know whether your employees are trustworthy or not -- or even whether they are taking part in fraud or illegal activities are not -- is to ask someone from the outside to come in and investigate.
Mystery shopping is simply a type of business investigation that gives you the tool you need to run your business well. Without mystery shopping, you are simply guessing whether your business is winning are not. Is that really a risk you're willing to take?
Why should you hire a private investigator as a mystery shopper?
Secret shopping is too important to entrust to simply anyone. While many research companies hire freelancers to pose as customers, private investigators can offer your business:
- Legality. In some states, it is simply illegal to hire anyone but a private investigator as a secret shopper. In many states, video secret shoppers need to be private investigators. Plus, private investigators are trained to know the law and therefore know exactly what limits they must not cross in the course of a business investigation.
- Professionalism. Private investigators are trained to observe. Hiring a private investigator to secret shop at your company ensures that you get the most precise details about your employees and your business's customer performance.
- Evidence. Private investigators are allowed by law to gather evidence of employee dishonesty and fraud. They are even trained to do so. When you hire a private investigator as a secret shopper, you will get not only a report on your company's performance, but also the proof you need to confront employees.
Why do you need to hire a private investigator?
There are plenty of reasons why you can't afford not to try mystery shopping:
- One dissatisfied customer is likely to cost you a lot of business -- most studies have found that customers not happy with their experience at a business usually will not complain to management. In most cases they will simply not do business with that retailer again and will encourage others not to do business with that retailer as well.
- Customer surveys and incentive programs have been proven to be less effective. Many customers are simply unwilling to share negative feedback with management or with others. Customers also tend to be biased, whereas professionals involved in mystery shopping exist solely to provide impartial and in
What is the PInow Investigator Directory?
At PInow.com our goal is to help you find local private investigation professionals with no hassle.
If you are unable to find the help you need on our site, contact us at (888) 997-4669 and we will find a company for you, at no cost.
Are you looking for an International Private Investigator?