What Is An Insurance Investigation?
Dont let your insurance premiums be a waste of money use a private investigator to safeguard your insurance privileges.
According to the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud, an estimated $80 billion is paid out annually in fraudulent insurance claims. This affects every American, as these false insurance claims cost the average household more than $950 each year in higher premiums. Plus, false insurance claims can mean that you are held liable in a staged accident and increase your risk of being sued. The high instance of insurance fraud has meant that insurance companies are far more cautious when paying claims, which may mean that you need professional help to make your claim.
What is the fraud insurance investigation?
In general terms, an insurance investigator tries to determine whether someone has filed a false insurance claim. There are many types of insurance investigations:
- Health insurance fraud investigation. This investigation tries to determine whether someone is getting paid for health care that they are not receiving or is filing health care claims and requests that are not valid or needed.
- Car insurance fraud investigation. Some criminals stage accidents, in which they purposely collide with another car and then try to accuse the other driver of an accident in order to file claims. Some criminals attempt vehicle theft fraud, trying to get money for a car which was not, in fact, stolen. Insurance fraud investigators uncover these schemes.
- Home insurance fraud investigation. In this type of insurance investigation, investigators discover disaster fraud, which includes false claims of damage. They also investigate property fraud to find evidence against those who make false claims about property damage.
- Life insurance fraud investigation. Investigators work to uncover cases of people who claim life insurance while still alive or those who claim too much in life insurance.
- Workers compensation fraud investigation. Insurance investigators work to find evidence of workers who claim compensation when not as injured as they claim.
- Insurance company investigation. Investigators also work to uncover evidence of bad business practices at insurance companies. If an insurance company takes your money but does not compensate you as promised, a professional investigator can help you make your case in court.
Isn't fraud insurance investigation just for insurance companies?
Absolutely not. When people seek to make fraudulent insurance claims, they also often attempt to make claims from the estate of someone else they've implicated in the accident. For example, if someone sideswipes your car and then claims you're at fault for the accident, not only will your premiums increase, but the criminal may actually target you to get additional money. A fraud insurance investigation by a professional investigator can uncover the scheme and can save you the hassle and costs of a court case. It can also help you keep your insurance costs down.
If you yourself have been accused of insurance fraud, a qualified insurance investigator can help clear your name by gathering evidence of the injuries or damage of sustained. This can help ensure that your insurance company pays you on time and pays you the full amount to which were entitled.
Looking for an Insurance Investigator?
We all rely on insurance to help us when something bad happens. When insurance does not work the way it should and when criminals take advantage of the system, insurance investigators work to set things right. If you are having problems with an insurance claim, visit PInow.com today. PInow.com has a handy search tool that can help you find a local qualified investigator who can help you launch an insurance claim investigation.
Use the search utility on the top of this page or select from a state on the left to find an Insurance Investigator. Still can't find what your are looking for? Call us at (888) 997-4669.
What is the PInow Investigator Directory?
At PInow.com our goal is to help you find local private investigation professionals with no hassle.
If you are unable to find the help you need on our site, contact us at (888) 997-4669 and we will find a company for you, at no cost.
Are you looking for an International Private Investigator?